20 October 2009

Support Handmade - what's your favorite?

Not only do I sell handmade, but I also buy handmade more often than ever. Why? For me it's for a couple reasons....first, I like the one-of-a-kind-ness that comes with handmade. Second, the customer service cannot be beat when you buy straight from the maker.

Lots of people have a certain category of handmade goodness that they cannot live without. For me - it's soap. Just regular old bar soap. But, handmade soap is nothing like what you buy at Target. It's creamy and extra lathery - and the smell. You can get any smell from sandalwood (one of my most favorite) to fresh cut grass. From fruit to nuts. Flowers and leather. The possibilities are endless. I myself will never ever buy store bought soap again. I even use handmade soap on my youngest who is 2. His current bar is orange sandalwood. It is fabulous! My husband and boys are currently using "beowulf". Mine is a floral blend this time, and of course we have our facial bars too.

Soap is my handmade obsession. What's yours??

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to be a part of your addiction ;)
    Mine is hats! They are starting to take over me house. This is my favorite http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22952800 I NEVER take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was your shop that began my addiction! :^) Very cool hat!

    ReplyDelete